Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What's goin on.

Maybe I don't like John Woo as much as I used to. Granted Hard Boiled is still the greatest gunplay/action movie of all time--a masterpiece, but I'm beginning to think people are kinda mixed up for calling master director. I watched Bullet In The Head this morning and It. Was. Bad. I forgot how much Woo is hooked on melodrama. This one was pretty hard to stomach, save for two performances: Tony Leung as the main character and Simon Yam as the super CIA agent (who would usually be too cool to live, but he does). The movie's about these ballroom-dancin*' misfits who get in trouble with gangs and run afoul of many people. They escape to Vietnam and everything goes wrong all the time. They shoot like 50 people in order to take over a crime boss's business, then they get mixed up with the VC and kill about 100 of those dudes, only to get captured and shell-shocked. It was pretty grueling and SO melodramatic, and overlong. I'm hoping I can still watch the Killer. I love Chow Yun Fat. He hasn't done anything really good since Hard Boiled, though.
It's been a good day! You'd be surprised how much fun jumping rope, playing video games, making a sandwich and watching Newsradio could be. Or maybe you wouldn't. It's great!
I've been playing Metroid Hunters, too. I rented it from Gamefly, which gave me 10 bucks and ten percent off as part of the new rewards plan, so I decided to buy it for sixteen! If you play videogames all the time, then it's a great deal. Wayy better then paying fifty bucks for a Beatal (beatable rental), and it keeps your shelf space tidy. That game's pretty kickass--the only problem is the screen's not bright enough...which means I'll probably defnitely have to go for the DS Lite when it comes out. Five brightness levels!!!
What else. I've been listening all day long and I've declared today...DOOOMSDAY!!!! That's right, Egg Shen. I got the special herbs box set and the instrumentals are Adult Swim's bump programmer's wet dream (See also Dudley Perkins/Madlib/Yesterday's New Quintet). I'm compiling a megaplaylist and everything.
Have I spent all this time rambling? Oh well. I just finished my application to Austin Studios and will send that in shortly, Pluuuuus, I've rewritten the intro to my Killer Tattoo screenplay, as well as added a few more songs to the Official Motion Picture Soundtrack, heh heh. Ask if you want one! It's pretty dope. I would really like it if everything I wrote not only made people love it, but also very very nauseous.
I mixed some Fruity Pebbles with lucky charms this morning and I think it changed my life.
Also: found one of my Favorite Commercials!
And: The tryouts for the wildcard team for the pop culture world series is online tonite!!

Note: John Woo likes ballroom dancing far more than films or violence. It's on the record.

1 comment:

Kirk said...

I agree. Every thing he's put into development hell for the past 5 years has been videogame remakes (Metroid, SpyHunter--which he quit) and he's fixated on some kinda CGI ninja turtles movie, that's going on without him. and MI:2 will probably be the dookie flick in that trilogy. I'm kinda afraid to watch it again. I hear Phillip Seymour implants a bomb in Tom Cruise's head! I'm there.